Tag Archive: I win! I win!
This was my experience last night.
Get home from work, make dinner, be a pool boy for a bit.
Think about logging in to Battle for Azeroth at 6pm. Decide against it thinking it will be a gong show.
6:30, I figure I will get in the queue – even if it is bad, will be interesting to see! Besides, I have dishes to wash from dinner. Get in queue, do dishes, maybe play at a low framerate.
Hit login. Log right in. Pick character. Straight to game.
No lag, no issues. Played through the Kul Tiras introduction. Get an achievement.
First impressions were:
- Love the new “story telling” format, and curious if they keep it up throughout the expansion. (yay!)
- First piece of new Azerite armor is a reskin from a piece you get on Argus (boo)
- Difficulty is fine based on where my gear is at (yay!)
- I am a bit lost, new areas and a bit uncomfortable after so long of knowing everything (yay! new is good!)
- There was the first level 120 in 5 hours (boo! or maybe yay!, since I love alts…)
So, completely impressed at how smooth it was for me to enter and play. Awesome experience.
Then I started reading the internet. Lawsuits. Ombudsman getting involved. State Senators being called. Online petitions. All because of login issues. I’d say “first world problems” but there needs to be a more condescending term for people who get angry and threaten over access to a video game. I just can’t think of an existing term that wouldn’t insult the regular group more by being grouped up with the online complaining low-lifes.
Glad I wasn’t those guys. Smooth as a babies bottom.
Well done Blizzard!
(for my server, anyway.)